POWER IS IN THE NUMBERS: Join the FGA
Join your voice with your neighbors creating a greater voice with elected officials and government agencies on behalf of your neighborhood concerns.
The Fort Greene Association is the clear strong voice of Fort Greene, getting its strength from its membership and the contributions they give. That strength gives the Fort Greene Association a greater voice with elected officials and government agencies on behalf of your neighborhood concerns. Keep your voice strong by contributing today.
The FGA is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to getting things done for the people of Fort Greene and is the heartbeat of Fort Greene dedicated to making each new day better than the last for all Fort Greeners.
Help support the FGA, here is a partial list of some of our ongoing initiatives:
- School Improvement – a program to insure Fort Greene’s children get the education they deserve and to educateFort Greeners about the education opportunities found in our local schools.
- Pedestrian Street Lighting – a pilot program to re-evaluate and re-design the pedestrian and street lighting in FortGreene to foster the safety of our local citizens and businesses.
- Green Fort Greene & Clinton Hill – one of our most successful campaigns dedicated to reducing the neighborhood’s carbon footprint. We’ve planted over 280 trees in the neighborhood, expanded tree beds, and in the spring will have 5000 daffodil bulbs in bloom.
- Fort Greene Historic District Extension – nearly complete the newly expanded Historic District will protect more ofour cherished neighborhood.
- Good Neighbors – patterned from the success of a similar program in Beacon Hill, Boston. Good Neighborsplans to establish a program whereby elderly Fort Greener’s can maintain a good quality of life in their own homes. All that and so much more.
Your tax-deductible membership gift at any level will bring you a full year of benefits. No matter which of these three options you choose… 1) Fill in the on;line form below to sign up as a dues-paying member or 2) sign-in at two FGA meetings per year or 3) Download and fill out the PDF membership form form and mail it in.
Join now, your membership matters. Thank you.